This week That Artsy Reader Girl asks what are the Top Ten Bookish Resolutions/Goals! Neko is sick so it’s just me for this week. Thankfully I have so many goals this year I could go beyond 10.
- Goodreads Goal – 150 books! I’m already behind on this but I’m not super worried that I won’t make it.
- Nonfiction Books – 48 books. I already read a lot of nonfiction but I want to ensure I push myself to read more. This means roughly 1/3 of the books I read this year will be nonfiction. I’m 3.5 books in (only books I’ve actually finished so far this year) and have several more already picked out. I can’t wait. I do hope to push the type of nonfiction I read this year since I have a few areas I typically stay in (business, self help, biographies)
- Book Reviews – 1 to 2 reviews a week on books I’ve read.
- Rory Gilmore or Classic Book – This one I kind of wish I’d split but I already committed to reading 12 books which will fall in one or both categories.
- Bookstagram – This wasn’t a goal I already had but I’d really like to get better at taking photos and using instagram. If anyone has any tips or posts on this please share! Or YouTube videos.
- Posts – Neko and I both agreed we’d like to make sure this blog has at least 3 posts a week. At our best this is easy but we want to be more consistent about it.
- Socialize With More Book Nerds – This is another non official goal for the year but I’d like to network more and meet more people who enjoy reading, especially people who can push me into new genres or introduce me to books I’m unaware of. I think one of my favorite things about blogs and booktube has been how many books I’ve become aware of, I’d like to meet more like minded people and continue to push this.
- Buddy Read – I really think buddy reading is fun. I’d like to do it with more people and perhaps even get a book group together. How fun would it be to read a book and chat along the way. Does anyone else want to do this?
- Read & Review More Arcs – Last year 2 of my favorite books were books I’d read ARCs of and I would love to do more of that.
- Bookshelves – I bought 2 bookshelves at the end of last year and I absolutly love them. I’d like to get 2 more because I’m already out of room, I don’t know if I could make both fit but I’m willing to try!
What are your goals this year? Link us to your post if you have one so we can check it out.