This week TheBrokeandtheBookish asks what are the Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017!
- Simon Sinek – Finally! It took me a while but I read a book of his this year and loved it! Nonfiction win! I’ll be reading more of his books this year.
- Malcolm Gladwell – I read a couple of his books in 2017 and I think I’ll go through and read the rest this year. He’s great for audiobooks too!
- Sophie Kinsella – I feel like everyone has read her books but me, I finally got one of her books from the library and loved it. Great light read when you don’t want anything too intense.
- Jojo Moyes – Any author that can make me cry as hard as I did with their books should be an auto love. I have to be in the right mood for it but I can’t wait to read her next book.
- Alanea Alder – Love love love!!!! I laughed so hard reading the books of hers I read this year. I can’t wait to read more. Sassy chicks are always a win, geeky sassy chicks are even better 🙂
- Patricia Briggs – Please tell me no one is shocked to see her here. I am on my third go of the Mercyverse in anticipation of her new Alpha and Omega novel coming out in a few months. Love her and her dedication to research! Her mythos is awesome and attention to detail is refreshing, can’t wait for more!
- Douglas Adams – He makes me laugh, cry, and reach for my towel! Adams is awesome, and while I had heard of him before I had never taken the time to actually read his books!! Horrible I know but the situation is rectified!!
- Chloe Neill – Another Urban Fantasy author, Neil writes characters people can connect with and riveting stories while also creating a whole other, believable, world sitting in our own backyard. I love the lore surrounding the magical creatures and that so much is explained, nothing is taken as assumed by this author!
- H.P. Lovecraft – I said before that my bro got me the complete works of Lovecraft for my big 30 and they have been awesome! I am honestly in love with his writing and it is refreshing to have to actually look some words up because I don’t know them! He is so eloquent, descriptive, and just lovely to read. I highly recommend his works to anyone interested in a beautiful writing style.
- Kerri Maniscalco – A new Y.A. author who’s books center around some of my favorite people in history! Stalking Jack the Ripper was awesome, the twist at the end was strange but whatever, the pictures were a wonderful addition, and she is another author who does her research!! I am so excited to see what she does with her new book about Vlad Tepes, if I’m lucky she will eventually make it around to Elizabeth Bathory too!
So what authors did you guys discover this past year? Any of ours make your list? Any you recommend? Tell us in the comments!!