This post is all because of the wonderful Becky. She nominated us, you should check out her post with her answers here after you read ours :). Thank you Becky!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
Kylana: Ugh. Does it have to be a fictional animal? If not then I think a Companion, their lives can be tough but it also seems like a lot of fun.
Neko: ::grins:: A kitty! Lazying about, eating, sleeping, being generally annoying? Count me in!
2. Which fictional world would you want to live in?
Kylana: Haha! I think I answered it with the above, I’d love to live in the Valdemar would that Mercedes Lackey has created. There is endless depth to it, preferably I’d like to be a human with an animal companion of some kind whether it be an actual companion or owl or cat. 🙂
Neko: Also a Lackey world, the 500 Kingdoms, I’m a sucker for fairy tales.
3. What are your favorite kinds of blog posts to write?
Kylana: You know…I’m not really sure yet. I’ve enjoyed all my posts. I love reviewing books, although my reviews need some work. I love posting random stuff and I’d love to post more engaging blurbs but that’s a work in progress. We’re only a little over a month into blogging so I feel like we’re still figuring so much out.
Neko: Probably the memes, but I am starting to really enjoy reviewing now that I am getting the hang of it!
4. Do you prefer to buy books or borrow them from the library?
Kayla: My paycheck and apartment would say borrow but I love owning books. My dream would to be to have enough space to have a room for a mini library with the big bookshelves. If you’ve seen Tilly and Her Books on Youtube I have complete bookshelf envy. They are so pretty!
Neko: I dream of one day living in a house again so that I can have an awesome library. But for now borrowing from the library is my main book source, plus I am not wasting money on books I don’t absolutely love this way ^_^
5. You’re stranded on a deserted island. Which three books would you want to have with you?
Kylana: I hate you a little for this question. I don’t think I can choose. I’m cheating. I’d go with Mercedes Lackey: The Last Herald Mage Trilogy, The Complete Arrows Trilogy and Being Happy. The first two because I know I could re-read them (and because it’s 2 sets of 3 books all combined) the last because I’d want something to keep me sane.
Neko: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, both the Adams and the real guide would be immensely helpful, uh The Complete Brother’s Grimm (the original writings not the watered down stuff), and the Complete Works of Poe. I have issues, just roll with it…
6. Funny books or cry worthy books?
Kylana: Both! My favorite books make me go through all emotions. If I could only have one I think I’d go with funny right at the moment though because the idea of only reading books that make me cry sounds way too depressing.
Neko: Funny for the most part, I cry too easily anyways…
7. Do you have a favorite movie? What is it?
Kylana: I really want to say LOTR because I LOVE those movies/books. But I have to go with RENT. When that movie came out I saw it so many times with so many people and I’ve seen it live countless times (and will again in about 14 days!). I have a tattoo inspired by the quote “Forget regret or life is yours to miss” from that movie/musical.
Neko: Oooh, that is tricky… Probably BBC’s North and South based on the book by Gaskell.
8. If you could have any kind of magical power, which would you want?
Kylana: I know I should say fly but right now the idea of teleportation sounds awesome. So many of my friends/family live far away and I’d love to see them more. Plus no commute and as much as I love my audiobooks for my drive to work, no longer having to drive sounds amazing.
Neko: Teleportation too… I live so far from everyone I care about that it would be nice to be able to see them in the blink of an eye ^_-
9. What is a trope that you’re tired of reading about?
Kylana: Hmmmmm……characters that evolve too fast, going from not knowing what’s going on to suddenly everything is okay and how it should be. I wish there was more of a struggle to adapt. It causes friction between characters and no matter how even-tempered somebody is, something is going on at least on the inside.
Neko: The bratty personality trope. Usually reserved for younger kids but it drives me up the wall. Someone smack them already…
10. What is something you wish you were good at?
Kylana: I wish I could draw, had better handwritting and could sing. Probably in the reverse order.
Neko: Learning, I just seem to be able to learn as easily as I did when I was younger… I’m only 29 and sound like a little old bitty don’t I? lol
11. Tell me about the book you’re currently reading. Would you recommend it?
Kylana: I’m currently bouncing between 5 books I think. 1 Audio, 1 Kindle Book and 3 physical books. The only one I’m sure I’d recommend is my re-read Moon Called by Patricia Briggs. I’ve re-read this countless times, typically right before a new book comes out like I am now. I’m also reading An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir as a buddy read and I’m still holding out judgement. The Lightning Theif by Rick Riordan which is a fun middle grade book which feels very much like reading Harry Potter for some reason. I’m listening to the 4 Hour Work Week, not far into it but I’m torn on it but hey, who doesn’t love the idea of a 4 hour work week. I can’t remember the last book so I guess it’s really only 4.
Neko: I am unfortunately reading four as well… The Glass Casket by McCormick Templeman I would definitely recommend it, Snow white/Little Red the vampire/ghoul/zombie what’s not to love? My Audio is The Boy Who Drew Monsters by Keith Donohue which I would also recommend though it is a bit strange… Finally My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me by a plethora of authors and Five Stories High by again multiple authors I would not recommend; Five stories is a real struggle for me, it’s rather boring and I keep forgetting what I have read and My Mother etc. has some good and some bad stories so… Kinda hard to recommend it to anyone…
This was fun! I hope to do more like this soon! Here are our nominees!
Nominees: These are in no particular order!!
- And anyone who wants to answer!! Just post a link in the comments so we can check out your answers too!
- Dogs or Cats or Hamsters and why?
- If you could live in any period and any place in time when and where would it be?
- What is the last book you hated and why?
- Favorite author and favorite book (not necessarily by the same author)?
- What is something you wish people knew about you?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite type of character in a book?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What is your favorite holiday? Why?
- What 3 famous/fictional people, living or dead, would you want at your fantasy dinner party?
- What’s your pet peeve(s)?