Hello book world!
Wow it has already been a whole month that this blog has been up and running! Thank you everyone for joining us, we hope to see you all and more in February! Today we are going to share the books we have read, our thoughts, and just an overall of how this first month has gone, and we will wrap it all up with a shiny bow!
Kayla: Guys! This month has been amazing! When I started thinking about blogging, I came in knowing nothing, and honestly hadn’t really explored the community much. Now I feel like I’m starting to make friends, and even have a buddy read coming up with somebody other then Neko which I’m really excited about. I’m learning about so much and feel so lucky to have so many amazing people following us, and I look forward to getting to know everyone more.
As for the reading, read 3 of the 5 books I assigned to myself this month, one is a DNF and the other I’m struggling to get into but still want to read. I’m thinking next month I may not actually “assign myself books but list a few I’m interested in trying to get to next month instead. Aside from the Buddy Reads and my non fiction books, the rest will be things I’m considering.
So! For the month of January I read 15 books! I’ll list them below with links to reviews if they have happened, if they haven’t they will shortly.
- Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1) by Kathy Reichs – Review.
- Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond – Review.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg – Review coming soon.
- Becoming Alpha (Alpha Girl, #1) by Aileen Erin – Review.
- Soar (The Empire Chronicles, #1) by Alyssa Rose Ivy – Review coming soon.
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Buddy Review.
- The Keepers by Donna Augustine – Review coming soon.
- Not my Fathers Son by Allan Cumming – Review.
- Avoiding Alpha (Alpha Girl #2) by Aileen Erin – Review coming soon.
- The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace – Review.
- Alpha Divided (Alpha Girl #3) by Aileen Erin – Review coming soon.
- Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song by Sara Bareilles – Review.
- Alpha Unleashed (Alpha Girl, #5) by Aileen Erin – Review coming soon.
- Branded (Fall of Angels, #1) by Keary Taylor – Review coming soon.
- Revolution (The Revelation #4) by Randi Cooley Wilson – Review coming soon.
Total Books Read: 15, Dropped: 1 – Wuthering Heights.
Genres: Memoir, Crime, Urban Fantasy, YA, Fantasy, Psychology, Social Awareness, Poetry.
Neko: January has been a month, and year, of new beginnings! We started this blog, got our first follower, wrote my first review, won my first giveaway, and am even listening to my first book on tape!
For Fabulous February I already have fourteen new books from the library ready to be devoured, will be going on my first Blind Date with a Book, have a bunch of reviews waiting to be written, and will also be reviewing an audio book service with Kayla!
And here are my Rad Readings from January:
- Awakened (Awaken His Eyes #1) by Jason Tesar – Review
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer – Review
- The Bastard Hand by Heath Lowrance – Review
- The Black Mile (Soho Noir #1) by Mark Dawson- Review
- Code Blue (Prescription for Trouble #1) by Richard L. Mabry, M.D. – Review
- Coombe’s Wood by Lisa C. Hinsley – Review
- A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1) by Kendra Elliot – Review Coming
- Apocalypticon by Clayton Smith – Review Coming
- Nasty Little F!#*ers by David McAfee – Review Coming
- Xoe Meyers Trilogy (Xoe Meyers #1-3) by Sara C. Roethle – Review Coming
- Dark That Day, After All by Jason McIntyre – Review
- Thirteen Shadows: Ghost Stories by Aaron Polson – Review
- Witch by German Alcala – Review
- The Basement by Chad P. Brown – Review
- The Doll by J. C. Martin – Review
Total Books Read: 15, (I read all of my TBR!)
Genres: Fantasy, YA, Poetry, Horror, Crime, Mystery, Romance, Christian, Medical, Humor, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic, Short Story.
We hope to see you all next month and can’t wait to share our new reads with you!
As promised! A shiny bow!