Hold onto your hats everyone!
A little bit of a different post here but I thought it might be fun to ask all the questions I’ve been wondering about as we ramp up. If people have input/answers that would be wonderful.
My plan is in one year I will re-post these questions and include any answers from things that we’ve learned. I think sometimes as we gain experience we forget things we had we were unsure of when we first began.
1. I see “Spoiler Free” every so often on book reviews. Should I be including that if there aren’t any, or should I include spoilers? What do people typically read if they read reviews? And can nonfiction books have spoilers?
2. If we plan on eventually changing our hosting for our blog/website, should we do things in preparation for it? Is it better to stick to one location?
3. When should one create a “review policy” page? I see it on most of the blogs I’ve looked at but not sure if it’s too soon to add ours. Is there a standard for this?
4. Are there other sources for photos for banners other than Canva?
5. Are there other places to interact with bloggers outside of the actual blogs?
6. How do people manage the social media? Pick one and run with it?
7. How often should blogs post? Do people like memes? Or Just reviews?
8. What to post on twitter? Questions and unique content? Or stick to announcing what is posted here?
9. Do people like reviews of books older than a few years if they were not on the best sellers list?
10. Should we put a line at the end of each review noting if there is anything that would offend people? (I.e. bad language, adult themes, violence, gore, etc)
I’m sure there are many others that I’m not thinking of but these are in the forefront of my mind right now. Are you a new blogger and have questions other than these? Comment below with your questions, answers, and input to our questions is always welcome as well.